Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a fee to submit a case through the website?

No, there is no fee to submit an inquiry through the website's SUBMIT CASE tab.  After reviewing your inquiry and speaking to one of our lawyers, if it is determined that we can assist you with your situation you decide whether to schedule an initial consultation.   

Is there a fee for an initial consultation?

No.  The initial consultation is free.

However, before arriving for your consultation,we must have your documents to review prior to the consultation.  We will not schedule a consultation if we do not believe the documents present a situation where we can be of assistance.  It is important that review the "What documents do I need to submit prior to our initial meeting?"  section below.  If you do not submit the requested documents, it could hamper or delay our office's ability to efficiently evaluate your case and/or represent your interest.

What do I need to do before coming into the office?

Before meeting with one of our attorneys, you need to dispute the incorrect credit information with the credit reporting agency that is transmitting the incorrect information.  You can access Experian, Trans Union and Equifax's online dispute portals using the links located at the bottom of the Fair Credit Reporting Section under the Areas of Practice Page.   After successfully regisering your dispute with the credit reporting agency you should receive receive an email confirmation from them.  KEEP THAT CONFIRMATION EMAIL for future reference.

What documents do I need to submit PRIOR to our initial meeting?

All documents you have relating to the credit reporting agency(ies) and/or creditor(s).  This includes letters, emails, certified return receipt notices from the post office, email confirmations of dispute, copies of your credit report(s), billing statements from the creditor(s), credit user agreements.

If you are being sued by a creditor for an unpaid balance, you must bring in a copy of ALL Court documents received by mail or personal service from a process server.

What do I need to bring to our initial meeting?

You must bring photo identification (driver's license, state ID, passport) and any other documents requested by the attorney.


What types of payment does the office accept?

The office accepts cash, check or credit card (Mastercard, VISA, Discover).   Credit card payments can be made through the Make a Payment Page of the website or through the link provided with your invoice.

Checks should be made payable to "Law Office of Mary Higgins" and include the client's name in the memo section.


Address : 260 Chapman Road Suite 201 Commonwealth Bldg.
Newark, DE 19702
Phone : (302) 894-4357
Fax : (302) 525-6618
Email :